Who is Jade Vidovich?

Jade VidovichIndividual Professional Overview

My name is Jade Vidovich. I am a R-7 teacher and Apple Distinguished Educator. I am currently working at an independent school, last year I taught Year 3 students but I am currently on maternity leave after having my first baby. I have a son and his name is Edison. This is my Professional Overview. Please leave me some feedback.

My Educational Philosophy

Students learn in a variety of different ways and as a teacher, I plan to meet individual needs. I am willing to learn new practices and teaching methodologies to assist my students with their learning goals.

To ensure I cater for the diversity within a classroom, I plan and program individual student learning goals to allow for differentiation. I work with students to set their own learning goals as well. I believe students should be aware of their personal achievements at school and also have input to what they want to learn about. I am keen to use structured and purposeful inquiry methods to teach students how to be life long learners to make relevant connections with our world.

I believe it is important to know where students are beginning in their learning journey in order to assist them with where they need to go. Therefore, frequent assessment is critical in a child’s development. It is vital to make observations, test regularly and keep this data to measure student successes and to build upon those successes. My assessments enhance accurate reporting to parents and fulfil my teaching duties and accountability.

It is my duty within the classroom and school setting to provide a safe, stable and friendly learning environment for my students.  A nurturing and collaborative classroom environment will enhance student learning opportunities. I want my students to experience their own learning journey with some direction and guidance from myself to keep them on track with their learning goals and to extend them further.

Pedagogical Goals

I am continuously working towards developing my knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate program in order to assist me with my teaching strategies. I continue to deepen my understanding of the PYP and have the opportunity to work alongside other experienced educators who teach this curriculum. I will continue to observe and take in as much as possible, whilst making sure that I am meeting the National Curriculum standards.

I am learning new skills in ICT to benefit my own class and my colleagues. In 2012 I completed the IB course “ICT in the PYP” I have implemented my learning within the classroom. In particular, I have set up a class blog for my students and myself professionally. I will continue to seek knowledge in this area through my own means as well as seeking assistance from my colleagues. I have recently been connecting with educational professional via Twitter. This has enabled sharing of resources and ideas, educational links to articles and opportunities to engage with like-minded professionals. In 2014, I presented at the ACEC (Australian Computers in Education Conference) about the 1:1 iPad program at St Andrew’s School. This was a huge success for myself and my team. This year I completed a course called “Digital Citizenship in the PYP”, I learnt a lot about what we need to do as educators to prepare our students in a globally connected world. I started to explore digital portfolios in 2015 and began using Seesaw in 2016. I became a Seesaw Ambassador in 2017 and have run professional development at EdTech SA and within my own school to mentor my junior primary colleagues with the process of creating digital portfolios. I hope to create clearer connections with parents about their children’s progress in our school.

We have also been exploring learning spaces and Reggio Emilia principles. I have been looking at natural influences and purposeful learning spaces to engage, motivate and inspire learners. This is an ongoing investigation for myself, I will continue to adapt my learning spaces to suit the learner’s needs.

I will be on maternity leave until the start of 2019. I am currently enjoying this precious time with my baby boy. Looking forward to 2019, working with primary students again, and reconnecting with my colleagues and career.